Monday, December 3, 2007

Last “Good Bye”

"When Rita says culture is a 'way of living', she latches on to a really important fact about how people live. That's what 'education' is really about - finding things out and having 'meaning' in your life as a result."

Throughout the whole year we have been discussing several issues. In different situations we could identify ourselves either with Frank or Rita.

We have been defending a multicultural classroom, and that was the issue I found more difficult to apply in my life, until the moment I realize that I must have been that difficult to Frank as well. He didn't expect somebody with a different way of living to teach him what education is about. What gave meaning to frank life was the new "culture" as the crystal that shapes the way he sees reality. I was not expecting to learn from others (I tend to stereotype people), I thought my culture to be THE culture; however, I've learnt through this year that we can and will lean from others (TEACHERS and STUDENTS). Hope you could all learn as much as I did through our discussions. It is our choice to keep on sharing. I choose to share it with all of you!!!!! Thanks for choosing sharing your thoughts with me.

1 comment:

AL said...

Hi Yohi!
I really loved this entry of yours! It's been written so sincerely that I could almost imagine you writing it!
I do agree with what you said about our learning a lot this year! It's really true that we have been faced with many different ideas and values quite different from our own ones and to learn how to accept them as well as learning from them was one of the most difficult but at the same time enriching tasks we had this year!
I have to say that I really enjoyed sharing this Ethics course with you and I learned a lot more about WHO YOU ARE...
Thank you very much for letting me be a part of your learning path!
LOL,
AleZ